Sunday, May 18, 2008

rest of may 2008

Well I haven't been keeping up with my internet self promotion these days. I've been so busy rockin for the people on my steel guitar that I have been neglecting the internet. I figured it would get by fine without me for a couple weeks. I was thinking about learning how to work on my website because it is getting patheticly out of date. But every time I think about learning that stuff I find myself more interested in transrcibing a Johnny Hodges solo. Or walking around with my dog. Or eating a cookie. Or taking a nap....

Anyway here is what is coming up:

May 21 9:30 Smokey's Roundup at Sunny's bar 253 Conover St.Red Hook, Brooklyn
718-625-8211
May 22 8:00 Smokey's Roundup plays in Williamsburg ! Sound Fix 110 Bedford Ave
(718) 388-8090 http://www.soundfixrecords.com/
May 23 10:00 Sean Kershaw at Hill Country
may 25 Brunch with Jan Bell at Superfine in Dumbo
Then at 10:00 is the LAST Sean Kershaw steady sunday at Hank's ! We will be back once a month so don't worry too much. It should be a great night. Hopefully we will play the new tune about the Trannie and the Trucker.
may 27 Mamie Minch. Mamie is the bomb. here is some info about this show:

Union Hall
Union Hall- CD RELEASE SHOW!!!! I will be sitting in on a couple tunes I recorded on.
702 Union Street @ 5th Ave. in Park Slope, Brooklyn!!, New York 11215
may 28 Smokey back at Sunny's
may 29 Smokey's Roundup at Otto’s on 14th st in manhattan.
May 30 daytime private party for the legendary Ricky from Hank's at the Cowgirl Hall of Fame. It will be daytime and weird. I helped open up that place back when I had a job about 20 years ago. One of my first steel guitar gigs was playing with Patsy Montana at the Cowgirl back then. I was one of those mid level management guys with a couple screws loose that just sorta wandered off the grid. The things I wanted cost time instead of money and the job thing was really cutting into my day.

No comments: